It’s quick, easy and perfect for an appetizer.
12 in flour tortilla
Your favorite tomato sauce or tomato salsa
Your favorite toppings such as:
Salami, ham, anchovy(my favorite), sliced green pepper, sliced onion, sliced
mushroom, (for salsa pizza) ground beef cooked with Mexican spice mix.
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven at 370°
2. Spread tomato sauce or salsa on a tortilla.
3. Place your favorite toppings
4. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top
5. Cook it about 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts and the edge of the tortilla becomes crunchy. (Adjust according to your oven. It may take more or less.)
*If you are using tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, or fresh mozzarella with basil leaves is also recommended.
Let’s talk Wine...
Wine: I recommend Italian red for this dish. For example, Chianti, Sangiovese and Valpolicella. Basically, many Italian red with marked acidity goes well with Italian local flavor: tomato sauce and olive oil.
One of my favorite Italian red wines is Allegrini Valpolicella Classico 2002
. It’s a lovely wine with plummy, cherry and herby nose. It’s so smooth, and goes well with many kinds of antipasti. I call such wine, “(food) friendly.”
Try it! You won’t be disappointed.